What You Need to Know About Turning Your Website Into A Standalone Desktop app…
Below, We Show You Which App We Use To Turn Websites Into Standalone Desktop Applications.
Fluid is a software tool designed for macOS that allows you to turn specific websites into standalone desktop applications.
Essentially, these Apps are “site-specific browsers” (SSBs) that wrap the web content of a particular website into a dedicated app, providing a more focused and integrated user experience.
While Fluid is primarily available for macOS, there are similar tools for other platforms, such as WebCatalog for Windows and Linux.
Now, let’s go into the steps for creating your own app using Fluid.
1. Download and Install Fluid: Begin by downloading and installing the Fluid application on your macOS device from the Fluid website (fluidapp.com).
2. Launch Fluid: Open the Fluid app on your macOS device.
3. Create a New Fluid App: From the Create a Fluid App interface, enter the URL of the website you want to turn into an app.
4. Configure App Settings: Customize the app settings, such as the name, icon, and other properties.
You can choose an icon image and even set a specific user agent if needed.
5. Click Create: Once the app is created, you can find it in your Applications folder. Launch the app, and it will load the specified website in a dedicated, standalone window.
6. Distribute Your Fluid App: You can share your Fluid app with others by compressing the app file into a ZIP or DMG archive and distributing it through email, cloud storage, or other means.
It should be noted that Fluid apps are essentially site-specific browsers and will still rely on the rendering engine of the user’s default web browser (e.g., Safari) for loading the website content.
Besides this, as Fluid Apps are primarily tailored to provide a focused browsing experience for specific websites, Fluid apps inevitably suffer limitations compared to full-fledged desktop applications.
With the challenge to eliminate the intricate time consuming ‘pre-editing’ tasks that deter, especially creative photographers from getting bogged down with technical inconvenience. It has always been Skylum’s mission to bring autonomous editing capabilities into the hands of creative photographers and image specialist. READ ON
Currently, our favorite contender is Notion.
Notion is a productivity and collaboration tool that allows users to create and organize notes, tasks, wikis, and databases all in one place. It’s essentially an all-in-one workspace that combines the functionality of several different apps, such as Evernote, Trello, and Google Docs. READ MORE
“Bringing ideas to life is the challenge creators face on almost every project. At Software Folder not only do we inspire creators with tips and creative resource. We inspire by example…”
Disclosure: For transparency please bear in mind that some of the links on this site may be sponsored partner links. We are able to provide our content free of charge due to our sponsor and partner brands. For which we are grateful to the readers who have patronized our recommendations.
© 2024 All Rights Reserved.