What You Need to Know About Creating Your Own
Simple Desktop app
Below, We Show You Which App We Use To Turn Websites Into Standalone Desktop Applications.
Use this App to turn websites into standalone desktop applications.
Fluid is a software tool designed for macOS that allows you to turn specific websites into standalone desktop applications.
Essentially, these Apps are “site-specific browsers” (SSBs) that wrap the web content of a particular website into a dedicated app, providing a more focused and integrated user experience.
While Fluid is primarily available for macOS, there are similar tools for other platforms, such as WebCatalog for Windows and Linux.
Start Here to Create Your Desktop App
Now, let’s go into the steps for creating your own app using Fluid.
1. Download and Install Fluid: Begin by downloading and installing the Fluid application on your macOS device from the Fluid website (fluidapp.com).
2. Launch Fluid: Open the Fluid app on your macOS device.
3. Create a New Fluid App: From the Create a Fluid App interface, enter the URL of the website you want to turn into an app.
4. Configure App Settings: Customize the app settings, such as the name, icon, and other properties.
You can choose an icon image and even set a specific user agent if needed.
5. Click Create: Once the app is created, you can find it in your Applications folder. Launch the app, and it will load the specified website in a dedicated, standalone window.
6. Distribute Your Fluid App: You can share your Fluid app with others by compressing the app file into a ZIP or DMG archive and distributing it through email, cloud storage, or other means.
It should be noted that Fluid apps are essentially site-specific browsers and will still rely on the rendering engine of the user’s default web browser (e.g., Safari) for loading the website content.
Besides this, as Fluid Apps are primarily tailored to provide a focused browsing experience for specific websites, Fluid apps inevitably suffer limitations compared to full-fledged desktop applications.
Related content you may find helpful
With the challenge to eliminate the intricate time consuming ‘pre-editing’ tasks that deter, especially creative photographers from getting bogged down with technical inconvenience. It has always been Skylum’s mission to bring autonomous editing capabilities into the hands of creative photographers and image specialist. READ ON
The practice of live internet messaging isn’t anything new. However, what is relatively new and looks bound for the future, is the integration of AI technology alongside popular messaging apps including our handpicked, across the board, selection which includes the following; READ ON
Currently, our favorite contender is Notion.
Notion is a productivity and collaboration tool that allows users to create and organize notes, tasks, wikis, and databases all in one place. It’s essentially an all-in-one workspace that combines the functionality of several different apps, such as Evernote, Trello, and Google Docs. READ MORE
Disclosure: Please bear in mind that some of the links on this site may be sponsored links and if you make a purchase I may earn a commission. Please also keep in mind that the companies and the products I mention are ones that I use myself, or have tried. And are mentioned for their quality or usefulness I or we have experienced ourselves.
© All rights reserved | softwarefolder.com – brianjonesfrancis